Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question for those exp. with feeding on 1 side only

Question Question for those exp. with feeding on 1 side only

I am thinking that my ds might need this at night time. Is it ok to do it at just night? He seems to want both sides during the day but at night I think he is getting too much for some reason (maybe because of going longer in between feeds) and really is finished and asleep after the one side, till I wake him to eat the other. And then he makes all sorts of noises that make me think hes got too much and its coming back up. Will my breasts adjust to this sort of schedule? Both sides by day and one by night? TIA

Default Re: Question for those exp. with feeding on 1 side only

yes your breasts will get on schedule if you do this!!
    My son only nurses from one side at all feedings. I dont have any issues with the other side getting engorged. The only time I get really full is if he only nurses once at night (which has only happened once!)
    Your body will regulate if you do this, it will just take time. You will probably find that night time feedings are a lot easier to handle if you do this. My son usually falls right asleep nursing on just one side.
    Good luck and I hope it works for you!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Thanks for the reply!

Ok, good. I just wasnt sure if they (boobs) would be screaming what the heck are you doing to me!!! If I kept going back and forth, lol. This is just so different for me cause dd wanted to nurse both sides always. I think he is just much more efficient than she was.

oh your boobs probably will scream for a few days...but they will figure out the new schedule hopefully sooner rather than later
    (man I am talking about boobs like they are a 5 year old kid...my mommy brain is at it again!)

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!