Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: No More Milk

Red face No More Milk

As of today I have no more freezer stock. I refuse to accept it. My daughter is almost 11months and I have never been more scared in my life.

Her father thinks that my body is telling me that it is time
    "We'll just have to start feeding her real food... yeah right does he think that I want her to eat crackers, tropicana fruit punches with too much sugar, and grease....

So I have been taking fenugreek 3 times a day for a month (3ml) Oats (whether granola, oatmeal or cookies)

It feels like my milk has hit the wall...

I work 40 hours a week and I know my rest is not optimum. I am pumping away, breast compressions, I have a pattern and I get in a "zone".

I have been pumping exclusive for so long...and can think of no alternative to supplement her with. Formula only comes back up. Plus I dont want her to have mal nutrition, she has low iron and gets her messy liquid vitamins once every three days due to constipation.

ing at work I need a
    If she didnt reach for me at birth I still wouldn't believe that she's all mine.

Terrible 2s dont exist... Who am I kidding?!?

Default Re: No More Milk

Have you tried pumping more often? Maybe that will kick start your breasts into making more. I know it's more work, but you've been going so long that you seem dedicated enough to be willing to do that.

I know that I myself constantly look at my freezer stash and go "Wow, that's huge" but I worry that eventually it too will be gone, wether from being too old or her going through it.

I don't know what the requirements are, but maybe you can supplement with milk from donors? I don't know if they ahve a cut off date for when they'll help a mom unable to make enough... but it'd be worth looking into, I'd think.
    Momma to K 05/24/07 (due 05/31/07)
    Momma to I, 06/04/10 VBAC'd (due 05/31/10). Read about it here

Exclusive Pumper to first for 18 months.
    I got my VBAC!

Struggling with nursing but one way or another breast milk is all they get.