Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question

Default Question

Ok. I need reassurance or to be told that I need to worry (not that I ever need to be TOLD to worry... ). Thomas's four-month checkup is Wednesday, and I am as usual freaking out that the doctor is going to say he isn't growing fast enough or getting enough from me. I do this every time he has a checkup. You would think that I would be able to remind myself that each time we've gone, she's been very pleased with how he's doing. He weighed 7 lbs 15.75 oz at birth. Lowest weight was 7 lbs 8 oz. At two months he was at 11 lbs 3 oz. I'm guessing he's probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 lbs now. Is that rate of growth ok? He has plenty of wet and dirty diapers, sleeps well, and is generally pretty happy. Do you moms figure he's ok? Or is my neurotic worry justified?
    Thank you!
    Paula

Default Re: Question

14 pounds is almost double his birth-wieght! I'd say job well done, mama!

TM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

looks great no need to worry. We all worry, that's what mom's do .

I can totally relate to your concerns.

We had our 6 mo check up today and I was a little worried that my DS's weight would be a concern. He is in the 14% for weight (the lowest he has been on that chart yet), 70% for height, and 50 % for head circ. The ped. was not worried as she thought he looked great (I must agree ) and saw that he was meeting his milestones. I was a small kid, so she also said that played a role. In addition, he has always plotted much higher in length than weight. At least he is consistent!

Dr. Sears would call him a banana bodied baby, as he puts more calories into growing in height than weight...not to mention he is on the go constantly so I know he is burning through those calories!

Your baby will be fine! Go and enjoy all of the wonderful things she will tell you about your son!

I think ur LO sounds graet u r doing a wonderful job! and I think ur worries r normal also! as time goes on u start to seel much better and confident! don't worry bout worring its ur job! congrats on the great work keep it up!