Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Storage question - wwyd?

Default Storage question - wwyd?

I use playtex nurser bottles for my daughter. I have been pumping directly into the drop-in liners and using those for the next day. The milk is stored in the fridge. I am not freezing this milk. Do you think I should be using something else? I read that you shouldn't store milk in the drop-in liners, but if you feed the baby out of these liners doesn't isn't that pretty much the same thing?

If I am going to freeze the milk I will move it into a storage bag. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Default Re: Storage question - wwyd?

I use the playtex nurser bottles too. A while back I remember looking into playtex's breast milk storage kit. I thought that even though I have a medela pump it would be easier to store milk using the playtex system. Anyway, I'll check their site again to make sure but I remember the kit actually allowing you to store breast milk in the liners.

Just checked and yes the system allows you to store and freeze milk in the liners, so I think what you're doing is just fine!

Here's a link in case you're interested (it's at the bottom of the page):

http://www.playtexproductsinc.com/in...mpsStorage.asp

Hope this helps!

Default Re: Storage question - wwyd?

I wouldn't recommend freezing in drop-ins because they are not lined and some of the "good stuff" in breastmilk could stick to the inside of the bag.