Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bruised?

Default Bruised?

I don't feel engorged, I don't think it's a plugged duct, I don't have sore nipples, and I don't think it's thrush... but I feel bruised in a small area at the bottom of one breast. It only hurts to the touch or when I let-down. On let-down, I feel a deeper bruising feeling in that area for a brief moment and it goes away just as soon as it came. It doesn't truly hurt unless I press on it hard, it feels just like it would if you pressed down on a fresh bruise, but there's no visible bruising in the area. After emptying my breast, the bruising feeling is a lot less, I'm guessing because there's less pressure in the area.

I've also noticed red/purplish streaks (veins?) around my areolas on both breasts. But that has been there long before the bruising pain.

What might this be? Is it due to pumping too aggressively or might this be the beginning of some sort of complication? It's been about 2 days with this pain. I use an electric and manual pump as well as compressions, so I can be a bit rough on my breasts since I'm very desensitized.

Default Re: Bruised?

It could be a plug developing.

Default Re: Bruised?

hmmm Mimo
    you described that so well. i've been dealing with the same thing.