Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tears-back to work

Unhappy tears-back to work

i am headed back to work this mornin and finding this to be more painful than labor! i am pumping ruight now then i ll be almost done and feed lo and out the door. dh will be taking her to sitter -
    i dont even get to drop her off! snif sniff tear tear! i m not sure hoe im gonna makeit today i feel empty already

Default Re: tears-back to work

All I can offer is this mama ------>
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

thanks i need all those i can get!

Give her lot's of kisses and HTH

I am going to be right there with you soon.....

Give lots of cuddles and kisses tonight

oh girl, i feel you.
    i'm dreading august 23rd.
    sigh,
    there there my sister.

That was me last week! I was definitely "that crazy lady" at daycare the first day, crying like a little kid! Make sure to drink enough water and relax by looking at a magazine or something while you're pumping and you'll be fine!

The first day back is so hard, heck the first 4 months back for me were awful! I think I had finally stopped crying on the drive between the daycare center and work by then.

While it does get more manageable, at 1 year now my heart still sinks when I'm out the door for work. I'm lucky I know in that my LO is home with Dad almost all week.

I know how it is, and I'm offering you lots of hugs and sympathy. Going back to work was so much more emotionally painful than I could ever have imagined. A supportive DH helps, just last week I was sad about having to work (long story) and my husband told me all fo the good things I do for our family, it made me feel appreciated and not like a horrible mom.

Remember the boards are here, they have helped me through many a rough day in working mom land

My Little Reverse Cyclers
    *DS born July 2006, nursed 3 yrs 10 mos!
    *DD born January 2011, happily nursing and bucking the bottle just like big brother
    *One Angel baby we sadly never met July 2009

Happily married to an amazing man who puts up with all my craziness since 1999.

My first day back to work I pretty much cried the whole day long. It was awful! Like pp said-be sure to drink lots of water and relax when pumping. It does get a little easier as time goes by!
    Benjamin 07/13/06
    Brooklynne 07/14/09

Red face Re: tears-back to work

hey ladies! thanks again for all your love - i made it thru day number one, oh the wonderful feeling of holding my sweet little baby girl this afternoon!!! why yes i do believe ill hold her forever tonite! tomorrow is coming to soon. oh yeah pumping at work sucks!
    well thaks again this forum is so great for us all!