Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Growth Spurts are so taxing!

Default Growth Spurts are so taxing!

Anyone else find growth spurts mentally draining? My LO stayed up all day Thursday, slept all day yesterday, and has spent all day today on my boob! He's 6.5 weeks, and I am assuming this is a growth spurt.

And I thought we got through one last week, that must have just been some hungry days! I was completely mentally fried this morning. I felt better after my LO's nap, so I guess I just needed some time for me.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

Default Re: Growth Spurts are so taxing!

Well, not his FINAL growth spurt. There are ones at 3 or 4 mos and at 6 mos...and possibly others...I am sleep-deprived today so I can't remember them all!
    Dana
    Wife to Jonathan Edward, 3/29/2002
    Mother of Alexander "Lex" Edward, 3/4/2007
    Attachment Parenting - it's not what you do, it's why you do it.
    Breastfeeding
    Co-Sleeping
    Wearing Lex as often as possible
    Daytime cloth diaperer, nighttime sposie user

use that time to read a book or take a nap!

Yep, they're exhausting! I don't mind all the nursing time, because I can watch TV or read or type one-handed or whatever. But Haley tends to get fussy and needy and never seem satisfied, and that's what wears me down.
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Yes, very draining especially with other kids in the house that want attention too! Not to mention, it makes the breasts sore all over again!!! I hear ya! Hang in there!!
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

Yes! I have the most trouble with the frequent night wakings to nurse. It turns me into a grouchy zombie the next day. I just went through 3 nights of this a few nights back. Finally on Thursday, my LO went back to his old sleeping pattern of only getting up once to nurse. Thank goodness!

I feel ur pain I'm going through the same thing right now and its killing me... and having an almost 2 year old makes it that much harder! but from what I hear hang in there it should pass (i hope!) and yes I have it all the constant fussiness of not being satisfied, the sore overused nipples, the lack of sleep and therefore sanity! and my DD starting her terrible twos! I hope things get better for you because I were in the same rocking boat!