Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pain in the breast....

Default pain in the breast....

once in awhile i get pains in my breasts they dont last long and they dont hurt when i feed but i never have had that until this growth spurt started... is something wrong or is that normal???

Default Re: pain in the breast....

Possibly it could be thrush (possibly). I know when we were still battling it, it got worse when she was feeding often. Once it got into the ducts, it felt like sharp pains deep in the breast.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I have read that you can have pain in the breasts in the first few weeks because of let down. Could this be it?

I occasionally get achey breasts when Lil bit is starting a growth spurt. I think it may just be from increased milk production.

What kind of pain is it? shooting, burning, stabbing? Deep breast pain? In the nipple? on location or all over?

I had mastitis for an extended period that according to my LC simmered. I am still trying to get rid of the ductal yeast infection. I also injured my breasts by pumping incorrectly. But these all caused different types of pain.

sorry for the late response my comp was down for awhile.... umm the pain is like a shoot ache! no nipple pain... no pumping.... we are going through a poss growth spurt (nursing all the time)... it doesn't hurt when I nurse but usually in the middle of feedings!? neither of us have any signs of thrush... I just got over cracked nipples about 2 wks ago (maybe longer)... and it doesn't happen all the time just once in awhile maybe once a day a lot if its twice a day? anyone know? I'm lost and confused! not so much worried (yet) but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to feel this... I don't leak when it happen any help is great help!
    thank u for ur thoughts

my midwife told me that you can experience that when your milk supply changes. i have that occassionally. hope that helps!

ok but does that mean its increasing or decreaseing? and yea it really helps thank u any all suggestions mean the world to me

i don't know if it necessarily means increasing or decreasing specifically. my midwife just said "change". I would guess that you would experience that with an increase. i also know that i experience it on days that i had some encourgement in the morning.

ok thanks if u find out if its an increase or decrease please let me know I would greatly appreciate it! thanks mama