Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: One year - no solids

Default One year - no solids

I am so happy that Ds is turning one tomorrow. He really is a sweet baby and I love watching him grow and change. As we reach this milestone I feel that I should ask for a little community input on a baby who is not eating any solids. I don't mean he is picky -I mean he really does not eat anything. On a good day maybe a teaspoon of food. He does not show signs of an oral aversion he is constantly putting things in his mouth. He will even on occasion put food in his mouth -- only to spit it out. He refuses to let us feed him anything off of a spoon. That does not particularly bother me as I did baby led solids with DD and she is a fantastic eater. If anyone has had a similar experience I would love a little wisdom Thanks

Mama to DD Mariah 04/03 2lbs 8oz BF 2yrs 1 day!
    DS Ryan 07/06 4lbs 15 oz No solids until 18 mo's!
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi

Red face Re: One year - no solids

Hi,

I am new to this site so please forgive me if I am doing this wrong. I wanted to let you know that I went throught the same thing with my son. He is now 13 months. I even went as far as having x-rays of his throat and stomach. He was fine. As soon as he got his bottom teeth in he started eating. Not a lot but eating a little. He is now getting his top teeth and he is eating pasta shells and crackers at least two times a day. Again not a lot of food but a start. Don't give up. My son started with yogurt and now he is eating fruit and pasta. Be patient and keep trying.
    Last edited by cadella; July 21st, 2007 at 09:45 PM.

Default Re: One year - no solids

Well DS is celebrating his first birthday!!!

Mama to DD Mariah 04/03 2lbs 8oz BF 2yrs 1 day!
    DS Ryan 07/06 4lbs 15 oz No solids until 18 mo's!
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi

Default Re: One year - no solids

My DS did not start eating solids until he was 14 mos old. We had tried from the time he was 6 mos. He is a good eater now. He's extremly picky but the few foods that he will eat he eats lots of. He never liked baby food/pureed/mashed food - only dry finger foods (crackers, dry cereals, dried fruit, small pieces of hot dog). Keep offering a variety of foods with different textures. Your LO will eventually eat solids.

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001