Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sleeping all night

Question sleeping all night

i know you guys will think i am crazy but should i wake my 4 month old up to feed at night? or wake up and pump?

Default Re: sleeping all night

Never wake a sleeping baby! Trust me, enjoy it while it lasts. If you get too engorged, hand express until you are comfortable. Before long, your body will adjust and won't make as much milk during the night. Any discomfort you feel now from not nursing at night will be short lived. My DS started sleeping through the night at 2 months, and started waking every two hours at 5 months. Now, at 9 months, he's still chopping and changing all the time. Like I said though.....NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Rochelle is right on the money in my opinion.
    At four months, your baby is okay to go all night! I know not all babies do this, but if yours does, then enjoy it!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelleann View Post
    Never wake a sleeping baby! Trust me, enjoy it while it lasts. If you get too engorged, hand express until you are comfortable. Before long, your body will adjust and won't make as much milk during the night. Any discomfort you feel now from not nursing at night will be short lived. My DS started sleeping through the night at 2 months, and started waking every two hours at 5 months. Now, at 9 months, he's still chopping and changing all the time. Like I said though.....NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Yep, enjoy the sleep!

If you express or pump just enough to relieve engorgement (if you're uncomfortable), that will get you through until your milk supply adjusts for the longer stretch at night. And it will adjust faster than you might think!
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

thanks girls~

how long does your lo sleep at night?

My DD started sleeping 8 hours at 6 weeks and then 10 hours by 8 weeks. It was great! Enjoy it.

At first I pumped right before I went to bed. But I always woke up engourged becuase I wasn't letting my body self-regulate. Then I stopped pumping and it was a painful couple of nights, but then the milk regulating and figured out what to do on its own. It is an amazing thing. My milk would slow up by night and then in the morning, I was ready to go, but I was not engourged. Like I said, our bodies can do amazing things.

Keep it up!

i shouldn't have posted this......we wanted to eat all darn night

Jill-
    did you start all over with a new sign on name?? trying to throw us off huh..

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!