Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need help preparing for a trip to the IN-LAWS!!!

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Need help preparing for a trip to the IN-LAWS!!!

Next week I leave to go see my inlaws. My MIL has been telling me since DS was a month old that "I didn't need to BF," "Why put yourself through that?" "Formula is just as good", "You're not still BFing are you?" and all those questions. About once a month she says, "When are you going to stop BFing?" to which I always say the usual, "Well, I don't have a date on the calendar. Maybe a week longer. Maybe a year longer."

When she invited us out this last time, before committing, I asked her point-blank: "I'm still BFing - Are you going to have an issue with that when we get there?" And I heard a small "No." But I know my MIL - it's going to come up over and over again. I'd love to get in her face about minding her own business and such, but I don't want a huge blow-up that will ruin everyone's trip.

So, instead I want to go armed with FACTS about the benefits of extended breastfeeding. Anybody know where I can find a good list of facts? (Or can you provide some yourself?)

Thanks so much!!

Default Re: Need help preparing for a trip to the IN-LAWS!!!

have your hubby tell her off that will go over beter!

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Quote Originally Posted by desperate View Post
    PERFECT! That was exactly what I was looking for. My printer's been going all morning! :tumbsup