Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing nursing bras during pregnancy?

Default Purchasing nursing bras during pregnancy?

I am 38 weeks pregnant and anxiously awaiting our first baby, a son. I took a breastfeeding prep class through the hospital I am delivering at and when I asked how do you know what size bra to get before your baby comes, she advised purchase one that has a little room and it will be tight at first when milk comes in, but loosen once my babies feeding cycle is routine. I already bought a sleeping bra, but I wanted to get atleast one regular style bra too for now. My problem is I am a 36 D right now and I have not grown much if at all during my pregnancy, I went to motherhood the other day and I tried on their E which the girl told me is a DD and it fits me snug right now so I think it will be too small, but they do not offer the F or DDD in a 36 and I fear the 38 will end up being to loose. I am hesitant to order online because other bras will most likely fit and size differently. This is kinda frustrating, like any bra purchasing experience when you have breast a little on the large size. Anyone that has some tips on what I should do or where to get a bra that is not too exspensive in case it doe snot fit right please help!!! Thanks in advance

Default Re: Purchasing nursing bras during pregnancy?

http://www.birthandbabyorders.com/index.php?c=35

I ordered some from this web site. They have a great return policy...

http://www.birthandbabyorders.com/index.php?p=76
    I got this sleep bra and it was very comfy and had lots of room for breastpads. not much support for out and and about but great for sleeping.

good luck finding what you need.
    ITs hard to find bras in any side over a dd.

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/

I like these ones, I have a spotty one and a leopard skin one. They have a really wide band round the ribs and, as they are just stretchy cotton(in Sm, M and L), they accomodate my incredible transformer boobs!

I wore them in the last month of my pregnancy and they were a little tight around the ribs, then but now I have lost the bump they are perfect.
    Last edited by Karli; July 15th, 2007 at 07:22 AM.
    Karli, Besotted mother of Ashley,8lb 9oz - 9th May 2007 and Fae 8lb 11oz 17th Feb 2010, both born at home, naturally.

Nappy-free @ 18 months EC'ing rocks!
    Just leave it alone.

I am also larger chested and lane bryant has a huge selection of larger cups sizes because its a large womens store or online www.lanebryant.com
    They start at size 14 and up so the bras start at 36 and up. Very nice bras if your looking for a larger regular bra. They will also fit you properly for your brasize so you now before you buy if you visit their location.

HTH! Becky
    Last edited by bejeweledbugg; July 15th, 2007 at 09:41 AM.

I also felt the need to have some nursing bras on hand when DS was born and I REALLY wish I hadn't bothered. There's no way to tell beforehand what size you need and what style will be most comfortable. A sleeping bra and a few camisoles that you can pull down will do just fine for the first few weeks, and then you can go back and purchase a few bras that actually fit instead of trying to guess.
    Erin - Hayden James is my beautiful boy - we've been nursing happily for two years, with no end in sight!

Change the language, change the reality.

TaraRenee is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I've been wondering this too because my chest is definitely on the small side.. I went from a 34B pre-pregnancy to a 38B/C now and I'm due next month. I'm not quite sure how big I'll get. I haven't gotten much bigger so far-just around my ribcage area..

Nordstroms is great too! They do wonderful fitting and I was just told (AFTER I sold my too small nursing bra) that they don't have a "30 day' limit on a returnpolicy, once your milk comes in if it doesn't fit you can take it back. I'd suggest double checking with them though, and they do carry up to an H cup I know for sure.

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Ekaptain had it right - don't bother. I too, tried to follow the advice and bought a few before birth and I ended up donating to charity - I ended up WAY bigger than I had planned. Plus, the first few weeks you'll probably just spend top less between the hormones, the heat, and the constant feeding. Trust me - you won't want to wear anything for a little while :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraRenee View Post
    I've been wondering this too because my chest is definitely on the small side.. I went from a 34B pre-pregnancy to a 38B/C now and I'm due next month. I'm not quite sure how big I'll get. I haven't gotten much bigger so far-just around my ribcage area..

I have been told that your rib cage will shrink down once you have your baby, so it is probably just bigger because of all the extra room your little one needs! I know how you feel, it is kinda scary going into the unknown, but I am sure once we get there is will all be okay.

[QUOTE=ashleysmum;236455]http://www.bravadodesigns.com/

I like these ones, I have a spotty one and a leopard skin one. They have a really wide band round the ribs and, as they are just stretchy cotton(in Sm, M and L), they accomodate my incredible transformer boobs!

Transformer boobs, I am cracking up!