Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nipples/bottles

Default Re: nipples/bottles

While J would occasionally take an avent bottle of EBM, he mostly rejected those and has been very happy with NUK nipples! These fit on just about any bottle - medela (comes in handy), gerber, evenflow, you name it.
    jsmom

Users of playtex nursers with drop-ins: how does the daycare warm the milk? I have always warmed it in the breastmilk storage bags and then dumped, but I don't think the daycare my dd will be starting at will do that. Is there another way?
    Thanks!

I used to put the bottle in warm water.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi'sMama
    Users of playtex nursers with drop-ins: how does the daycare warm the milk? I have always warmed it in the breastmilk storage bags and then dumped, but I don't think the daycare my dd will be starting at will do that. Is there another way?
    Thanks!
    If you are using the Playtex Nursers, you can just use whatever breastmilk storeage bags you use. No need to use the collapsable liners. That's what I do - I use either the Gerber or Lanisohl bags. Regardless of whether you use the collapsable liners or storage bags you can heat them up the same way. My hubby likes to use a bottle warmer. My mom and the daycare sit/float the bottle in a bowl of warm water. I believe daycares are supposed to get the bottles from the parents ready to go and not have to handle the ebm or formula, per state regulations.
    Eva
    Mom to Alyssa (11/26/05)