Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone used soothies?

Default has anyone used soothies?

i bought some soothies at the drugstore the other day. has anyone used these? are they any good?

also, it says they are reusable. are they infinitely reusable, or are they reusable only for a certain length of time?

thanks!

Default Re: has anyone used soothies?

I got them from the hospital when I had my dd.
    They were okay but they don't stop leaking and when you pull it off
    to feed your baby I had to really clean the area of the sticky stuff that it left behind.
    I think they are really nice in the early weeks of nursing because it cools the skin once you put it on.
    Oh they get really dirty like if they fall on the floor. Yeah you can wash them off but it get's yucky after a while.
    Hope this helped.

Are your nipples sore or cracked?

I had a little soreness due to a bad latch with my first and I loved my soothies. I only needed them for about a week.

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

Soothies are the reason I managed to keep breast feeding!! They are great in the beginning when you're stuggling with bad latch/sore nipples. I reused them for a couple days, then they started looking gross so i tossed them. For added bonus if you're really sore, store them in a plastic bag in the fridge. It'll wake you up with a jolt but the cold is really...well, soothing!

Hehe, I thought this was a pacifier thread- I've heard them called soothies. I've never heard of whatever it is you guys are talking about, though.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Used 'em and liked 'em. Every once in a while Haley still pinches me a bit, and I'll get out another soothie for some relief--ah! (Also, they're a little pricey, but you can cut them into smaller pieces and apply just to the sore area to make them last longer if you want.)
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Soothies Rock! Putting them in the fridge is so helpful with the pain. They are not indefinitely reusable. They start to get puffy, the package says 3-4 days. It depends how much you leak. I would use them about 5 or so I believe. Hopefully you won't need them for too long. We bought a bunch of them on e-bay or somewhere similar for a really great price. I still have 5 or 6 boxes left and I don't believe they expire. I needed them for the first 3 weeks or so. Lo really messed me up =)

I really liked them. If it weren't for the Sotthies I would've quit breastfeeding after a week. I was so sore and they really helped with the pain. It gets messy when your milk leaks and the soothies become nasty. I think they are so worth it though and the price. am going to have to get them again, my daughter keeps biting me and I am really sore. Best thing for sore breasts, in my opnion.

FYI!!!

I found a similar thing only A LOT more economical-- Hydrogel dressing which is used for burns but my lactation nurse said they work great on sore nipples. I can tell you that she is right. They are a bit more squishy than soothies (which I also tried) which I found more comfortable and therapeutic. They come in 6" x 8" sheets so you can cut them to size. Out of one pack (cost $10 - same as a pair of soothies) I can get several days worth... The brand I found is called VIGILON.