Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Large and Rather Unwieldy Baby

Default Large and Rather Unwieldy Baby

Ds is 4 months old, but the weight and length of a 1-year old. This is causing some issues with bfing outside the house. At home I mostly nurse him in bed because any other position is very awkward for both of us. We used to be able to nurse anywhere and everywhere, but it's getting harder and more frustrating for both of us. He's just so awkward to hold in any of the on-to-go positions, and he doesn't have the physical ability yet to sit up and eat for more than a minute. Any advice?

Default Re: Large and Rather Unwieldy Baby

What exactly do you mean by weight of a 1 year old? My three and a half month old is getting heavy at about 15 1/2 lbs and 24 inches, but I rest his bum on my lap and hold him like I normally would.

how big is he? I know many mothers on this forum probably have big babies. my ds is 21 lbs and 29 in, he is getting pretty big, but he still can fit on the boppy if I need him to, and he lays on my lap just fine.

You can hold him however on your lap to nurse. DS who is big (over 20 lbs and about 30 inches at 8 months) pretty much sits on my lap or dangles. I am trying to figure out just how you are holding your baby!

Sarah