Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cabbage?

Default Cabbage?

I know it cant be the best thing, gas wise, since it can be gassy for us. Do any of your lo's have a problem after you eat it though? I think I may have to stop it altogether.

Default Re: Cabbage?

I had to stop eating gassy foods for a little while- cabbage, broccoli, sprouts. By 2 months, though I was eating whatever and it didn't seem to have much effect anymore.

I have read that what you eat can't make your lo gassy, but I've also read that it can and it did seem to have an effect on my lo.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thanks!

I had to let go of cabbage, lettuce, cauliflower...so many veggies, I can't keep track. Then when dd was around 3 mos. I started adding them back one by one with no problem.

For a while, I didn't have much of a selection, but that is a distant memory these days. UNTIL my new little nursling arrives.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Cabbage bothers DD. It's so sad! She looks at me like, "mama, what did you eat?" I haven't tried it in months.

Thanks ladies! It wasnt long ago that I went through this with dd but hardly anything bothered her, so I thought. Looking back I sure wonder if I would have cut things down or out if she wouldnt have had such a reflux prob. THanks again.

Hi, I just wanted to agree with everything already said. My boy is 5 months old today and for the last 3 days he has been very, very gassy. I was wondering what could be wrong. I was not sure if it is the cereal I am giving him or the formula (he is breastfed but sometimes I supplement with formula). Then I read the thread and I remembered that I ate sour cabbage three days ago. I guess now I know I shouldn't do it. Thanks ladies...