Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby-led solid food introduction

Default Baby-led solid food introduction

Sorry if this topic has already been posted, but I was very excited to find this link.

I am thinking about trying it.

http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedseli...uidelines.html

Default Re: Baby-led solid food introduction

Hee Hee...I am giggling! I thought your signature said you were tandem nursing all three of your boys and I choked on my coffee! Not that it would be a bad thing, just difficult!

I guess I do this child led feeding. I do mush up the food, but DS feeds himself with the spoon. He is almost 8 months. He is pretty good at it!

Sarah

Count me in, if this works I might get more than three spoonfuls of food in my own mouth while it is still hot! The pictures are great! Thanks for the link.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

LOL, that would make me a tri-andem nurser! Maybe one day....

what a fantastic article, thank you. we have 2 months to go. my dd is 4 m 1 week, so im reading all i can to prepare any insight is welcomed. she is my first.

Just read this article - thanks for posting it! Any suggestions about good foods to use this approach with? I saw the pear in the picture and may try that!

hmm my dd is almost 8 months and still ebf.. im letting her tell me when she wants solids.

I didn't read the entire article, but I look at the pics. I thought I was the only person that would give a toothless baby a whole fruit to eat by himself. Everybody kept telling me how crazy and lazy I was. My baby never liked mashed food, he never liked bb food jar either; he likes home made food and lumpy or as a whole, his favorites are bananas, pears and broccoli.

LOL, I thought I was the only one too!

I hate spoon feeding, so I waited way past 6 months, despite everyone telling me "Oh, look. He's hungry! Look at the way he's watching you eat!" But they didn't realize he watched everything that way! I never did spoon feed him, just let him feed himself when we got around to it. The one time I did try feeding him some cereal, he threw it up! I didn't waste money on jarred foods, just gave him chunks of soft stuff or a whole fruit to mess with. He loved avocado slices, pears, destringed chunks of sweet potato, bananas, mango and cheerios.

At 20 months, he eats a whole apple, unpeeled, unsliced. I just hand it to him. Makes my life easier!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Yeah, I never spoon fed much either. Mostly I would just put thawed frozen peas on his tray, or I would give him pureed foods but he would get his own spoon. I find it much, much easier to wait until after 6 months and let the kid feed himself.