Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is anyone else a closet Extended bfer?

Default Re: Is anyone else a closet Extended bfer?

I nursed dd till she was 18mo. We got a few not so supportive comments from family members about it. She would only nurse once in the morning for the last month or so but I was very vocal about the fact that she was still nursing because I was proud of us. When they would say rude things I would use it as an opportunity to let them know how good it was for her. I think they eventually just knew that what they said didnt bother me or change what we were doing so they let it go. When we stopped we got lots of FINALLY's but I just said that we stopped when it was what we both needed and not a second before that.

AidensMommy I see that you are going to have another LO in Feb. Can you still nurse while Prego? I am concerned because I would LOVE to be able to let my DS nurse for as long as he wants to, but I also would like to have another baby when he is 2. I am SOOOO torn on what to do. I never knew how important nursing would be to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane'smommy View Post
    AidensMommy I see that you are going to have another LO in Feb. Can you still nurse while Prego? I am concerned because I would LOVE to be able to let my DS nurse for as long as he wants to, but I also would like to have another baby when he is 2. I am SOOOO torn on what to do. I never knew how important nursing would be to me.
    Sorry, I'm not Aiden'sMommy, but I am prego and nursing!
    YES you can breastfeed while you are pregnant. Sometimes mom's milk supply lowers or dries up while pg however, so that's something to think about depending on how old your LO is now.
    Check out the "Pregnant and Breastfeeding" board!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Hi Lane'smommy,
    You might find this link helpful...
    Breastfeeding During Pregnancy
    Mary

Thank you all! I didn't know there was a prego and BF forum! Thanks again!

Hi i have twin girls who are 3 years and 9 months and i am not a closet breast feeder probably not as open as before but not that i am hiding the fact more like do not want to make a big point of it but if either one needs me wherever i am there for her.

louise

Quote Originally Posted by louisef View Post
    Hi i have twin girls who are 3 years and 9 months and i am not a closet breast feeder probably not as open as before but not that i am hiding the fact more like do not want to make a big point of it but if either one needs me wherever i am there for her.

louise

That is awesome!

Well anyone who knows me can say that I say it loud and say it proud that we are still going with no end in sight. If someone gives me the look that we are still nursing I just give it right back and act like I'm in shock that THEY are in shock

Quote Originally Posted by myleesma View Post
    I felt like telling her you know maybe you should'nt be so "clingy" to your bf's peepee so then you wouldn't have any chances of having a "clingy" child.
    Very funny!
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years