Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: cleaning PISA tubing

Default cleaning PISA tubing

I sterilized my PISA tubing in the Medela Quick Clean microwavable sterilzation bags and now there there are droplets up and down inside the tubing. How do I get the water out? Or can I leave it there, will it be harmful? Thanks!

Default Re: cleaning PISA tubing

I'd love to know the answer too! I micro-steamed mine and I guess I should've left it alone....mine has water spots ALL in it now. I've still been using it, but I'm afraid to do it again.

Getting rid of water spots, I'm not sure how to do that. Getting rid of actual water I think I might know the answer to.

At the hospital my LC told me run my pump with the tubes attached but the breastshields taken off if I had any condensation was in the tubes after finishing my pumping session. (This prevents mold from growing in the tubes.) So I'd imagine this would also be a good way to dry the tubes after cleaning them. I've also heard people mention that pouring alcohol down the tubes works for cleaning, I'm not sure though if this would help get the water out of the tubes. Maybe someone who has cleaned their with rubbing alcohol can help!

Hope this helps a little!

I always hung mine vertical to dry after cleaning them and they never got water spots.

I second the suggestion of running the pump w/ only tubing attached- it worked wonders to get rid of any moisture in the tubing.
    Bee- proud mama to Maggie, 6/12/06 and Maya, 10/15/08

Hi,

If you look on the small card that is where the photo goes, there are instructions to do the following:

1. Remove condensation by running the pump with just the tubes attached to dry them.

2. If there are water drops in the tube, say after being washed, you pour a mall amount of rubbing alcohol through the tube and the water will come out.

HTH

My Little Reverse Cyclers
    *DS born July 2006, nursed 3 yrs 10 mos!
    *DD born January 2011, happily nursing and bucking the bottle just like big brother
    *One Angel baby we sadly never met July 2009

Happily married to an amazing man who puts up with all my craziness since 1999.