Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is There Such A Thing As Too Much?

Smile Is There Such A Thing As Too Much?

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS TOO MUCH MILK? I HAVE 111OZ (YES ONE-HUNDRED AND ELEVEN OUNCES) IN MY FREEZER AND GROWING I FEEL LIKE I WILL NEVER USE IT. I WILL ONLY BE WORKING 2NIGHTS A WEEK, NIGHT SHIFT 7P-7A. MY SISTER SAYS JUST STORE STORE STORE BECAUSE THE SUPPLY WILL EVENTUALLY DECREASE AND I WILL NEED IT. IS THIS TRUE SHE HAS ME PARANOID ABOUT IT. I DON'T WANT TO STORE ANYMORE MY FREEZER IS PACKED, BUT I AM AFRAID MY SUPPLY WILL DECREASE. MY LO NURSES FROM ONE SIDE SO I PUMP THE OTHER SIDE BECAUSE IT GETS SO ENGORGED. I TRY NOT TO PUMP ALL THE TIME BUT I STILL GET AT LEAST 4OZ A DAY.

Default Re: Is There Such A Thing As Too Much?

WOW!!! LOL I so wish I had your problem (right now I'm dealing with low supply issues). Have you thought of donating? You don't have to give it all away, and I'm sure there's a sick baby out there that really needs it!

Smile Re: Is There Such A Thing As Too Much?

I'm Going To Look In Too That (donating) Thanks For Your Advice.

i would love to have that problem
    i know a person that makes around 120 oz a day!!! i wish that was me!

I personally don't think you need to keep saving. When you go to work you will want to pump to keep up your supply, so you will constantly be making more milk for your child to have the next time you work. I just recently threw away some frozen milk for the second time. It's amazing how quickly 3-4 months pass and then it's no good anymore. Of course I don't work but I still think 111 oz is plenty!!

Trust your body!! So many women have supply issues because they don't nurse enough, but I truly believe that for most women, you can keep a healthy supply if you're commited to breastfeeding. We're at 9 months and still going strong with no supply issues!

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

Donate it! I donated 193 oz. to The Mother's Milk Bank, before my friend asked if I had extra. Now I'm supplementing her. My friend is so grateful! It has actually helped her to increase her own supply, because she's less stressed about it. I've probably given her close to 1000 oz since May!
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!