Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: recall on organic gerber rice and oatmeal cereal

Default recall on organic gerber rice and oatmeal cereal

Just wanted to inform...I heard on 1010 wins...a NY news radio station about Gerber recalling their Organic Rice and Oatmeal cereals. Apparently at some point the cereal may clump into bits of solids.

anyone giving their LO this beware!!!

Eliz

Default Re: recall on organic gerber rice and oatmeal cereal

GERBER PRODUCTS COMPANY
    A NOVARTIS COMPANY
    GERBER PRODUCTS COMPANY • 12 VREELAND ROAD • FLORHAM PARK • NEW JERSEY 07054-0622
    www.gerber.com
    Media Contact:
    David Mortazavi
    646-326-3926
    Gerber® Announces Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Gerber ORGANIC Rice™ and Gerber ORGANIC
    Oatmeal™ 8 Ounce Cereals Due to a Potential Choking Hazard
    For Immediate Release, Florham Park, NJ July 13, 2007, Gerber Products Company, a division of Novartis
    Consumer Health, is voluntarily recalling all packages of Gerber ORGANIC Rice and ORGANIC Oatmeal Cereals
    due to a potential choking risk. A limited quantity of product may contain lumps of cereal, which do not dissolve in
    water or milk and pose a potential choking hazard. Gerber has received choking complaints, but no reports of
    injury. The FDA is aware of this recall. No other Gerber Products are affected by this recall.
    The product has been distributed in the United States, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. If a consumer has Gerber
    ORGANIC Rice or Gerber ORGANIC Oatmeal Cereal, they should not use the product and call the Gerber
    Parents Resource Center 1-800-443-7237 or 1-231-928-3000 to return the product and receive a full refund.
    Gerber ORGANIC Rice and ORGANIC Oatmeal Cereals are sold in 8 ounce boxes and all codes are being
    recalled. Gerber ORGANIC Rice UPC Code is 15000 12504. Gerber ORGANIC Oatmeal UPC Code is 15000
    12502. These numbers can be found on the bottom right side of the box.
    # # #

Thanks! I actually have a box and there is lumps in it!

so scary.... nothing is safe anymore... even organic!
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Thumbs up Re: recall on organic gerber rice and oatmeal cereal

Yeah.. i'd rather give my baby a homemade food. Kinda unpractice.. but I can asure that the food she eat is safe and we can really control the quality
    and also.. no preservatives!! for sure...

Anyway, does anyone knows how to make rice biscuits? i really want to give my baby some biscuits. But i found that ordinary baby biscuits in my country are kinda sweet... i don't want my baby to be a sugar-addicted .. hahahaha....

heres a link I found for teething biscuits thers is a recipe on it for rice biscuits. NOt sure if that is what you are looking for.

http://wholesomebabyfood.com/teethingbiscuits.htm

Talking Re: recall on organic gerber rice and oatmeal cereal

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty2iis View Post
    heres a link I found for teething biscuits thers is a recipe on it for rice biscuits. NOt sure if that is what you are looking for.

http://wholesomebabyfood.com/teethingbiscuits.htm
    Woow... Thank You very much.. I'm gonna baked my baby home made biscuits now hahahahaha....

oh.. one thing, is baby safe feeder really safe? but i hardly found it in my country.. hmmm

which baby safe feeder? NOt sure!
    Eliz

Cool Re: recall on organic gerber rice and oatmeal cereal

the original one.. I heard that munchkin n sassybaby make some imposters to that product... umm..
    have you ever use it (the safe feeder) to your lo? is it ok?

i just got the Baby safe feeder..supposedly it's great. read some other threads and post about here and mamas love it
    Eliz