Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ziplock bags

Question ziplock bags

anybody freeze in ziplock bags?

Default Re: ziplock bags

I've never tried it, so I might be wrong... But I'd be worried about them breaking when thawed, or being too thin, or freezer burn. And if you write on them in permanent marker, the ink might leak through... I love my Lansinoh bags--and I don't make enough for an oversupply, so I'm stingy with every little bit of my "white gold." I do put the whole milk bag inside a Ziploc when they're thawing, though, just in case any leaks out. Told you I was stingy.
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!

I store in Lansinoh bags and then put a group of Lansinoh bags into a gallon freezer ziploc. The double bag makes me think they are better protected.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

I agree with other posters, also the zip lock bags are not sterile, the Lansionh bags are. I am done with the pump but always LOVED my Lansinoh bags!!!!!

okay i tried it with a SMALL amount of milk last night and wanted to tell you guys it gave the milk a funny smell and flavor so go not try it!!!!

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

Yeah, I have used ziplocs when I ran out of the Lanisoh bags, and they always leak. I never noticed a funny smell...it's not worth it to me to use something that may end up all over the freezer or fridge when I work so hard to keep up with pumping. My breastmilk is like liquid gold to me!

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut