Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: nursing pads

Default nursing pads

does anyone have recommendations for soft and non-itchy nursing pads? i find that when i wear nursing pads after pumping, this increases my pain at the next pumping. i have also tried lily pads, which seem to make no difference in pain at the next pumping. any suggestions on soft/good nursing pads to help ease pain (or any other techniques) are appreciated. thanks!

Default Re: nursing pads

I use hemp or bamboo nursing pads. I prefer the hemp, but the bamboo are super soft. I sell them on my website too if you are interested.
    Steff, proud mom to:
    Ian (6) born naturally
    breastfed from 7/3/06 to 6/16/08
    &
    Erin (4) born naturally (with Hypnobirthing)
    breastfed from 5/18/08 to around 5/18/10
    &
    Seamus (3), my allergy baby, born naturally (with slacker Hypnobirthing) breastfed from 12/28/09 to 8/20/11
    &
    Connor (1) breastfed from 12/28/11 to current

Ian's age ticker Erin's age ticker Seamus' age ticker
    Connor's age ticker

I use Lansinoh disposable cause I'm too lazy to wash
    They have a new type out that is softer and shaped differently for that really painful begining phase. Also are you putting anything on your nipples? Again I swear by Lansinoh lanolin. When it was really bad I would also put on Soothies. They are these gel pads that you can refrigerate.

Have you tried pumping at a different angle? SOmetimes I will put my nipple into the horn off center just so the pressure is on a different point. It has helped, plus you can access different milk ducts by playing with the nipple position, its great to get really "drained"

Hope some of that was helpful.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

I have a couple different brands of cloth pads and really like them, although some are bulkier (read: less discreet) than others.
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

I have used the Lansinoh nursing pads and Lansinoh lanolin for nipple soreness. Recently I contracted thrush and I'm changing my nursing pads every time I nurse so the Lansinoh ones were getting expensive . . . I bought the Curity nursing pads because they're much cheaper and even w/ uber sensitive nipples due to thrush, they're fine for me. I think once I clear up the thrush I'm going to try some cloth ones though . . . they look quite comfy. Good luck!