Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how long does it take for you to warm milk?

Default how long does it take for you to warm milk?

I am pumping 2x a day using a manual Medela Harmony in order to ensure my ducts are emptying since I am using a nipple shield. I was just curious as to how long it takes for you to warm milk that has been refrigerated for baby to use and what method do you use to warm it?

Default Re: how long does it take for you to warm milk?

Run it under hot water, gently swirling for about 2 minutes. Or sit it in a bowl of hot water for about 2 minutes. Mine doesn't mind slightly cooler milk so a minute is fine for me.

Under warm, running water works great. It doesn't take long at all to heat.

other warming ideas...
    I use a bottle warmer but you have to really watch it b/c it gets hot quickly. I never use the full amt of H20 the unit recommends. Takes about 1-2 min.

We used to use the running H20 technique but as bottles got larger, it took longer. Also having to stand at the sink while LO was upset wasn't working for me.

I've also nuked a large cup of H20 for 2 min to get it hot & set the bottle in it for 2 min. Length of time depends on # of oz in the bottle.

Our day care uses a crock pot of water set on low for a few min. If you keep the lid on the crock pot, you can keep the H20 for a few days. Kind of overkill for home use unless you pump/bottle feed at home.