Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: new behavior - attacking passie while nursing

Question new behavior - attacking passie while nursing

Hi All, My LO is 9.5 months old and getting her first tooth on the bottom. It hurts some but Orajel and Highland Teething tablets are helping. My question...my LO started this new behavior just before her tooth started to cone in. When nursing she wants to hold a passi in her hand. She will nurse for a few minutes, pull off and turn and bite down on the passy. she sucks 2 or 3 times and pulls it roughly out of her mouth without opening up. the passi snaps out and I think...I'm glad that was not me! She nurses a little more and does it again. This goes on until she finishes eating and then she drops the Passi and ignores it until bed time or nursing time. What is going on?
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Default Re: new behavior - attacking passie while nursing

Sounds like she has found her own teething releif to me! Maybe she knows better than to bite you!

Yeah, hey, just be glad she's being courteous and taking her frustrations out on the paci and not you!
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

OMG! Just reading this made me laugh out loud!

I'm picturing a baby doing this and it cracks me up.

Definitely be great full she does that only with the paci!

wow.
    my son does that to his paci in the car, but never while nursing! Maybe she knows she doesn't want to bite mommy.
    Stefanie, momma to

deacon james 09.22.06

Connor doesn't do this while nursing, or normally take a pasi. When he has one he doesn't understand that you are supposed to suck on them and just bites down on them and yanks them out of his mouth over and over. I think he thinks it feels good as he's teething too.
    Mom to 3 awesome kiddos...
    C - 9yrs

O - 7yrs
    A - 1yr old in Nov '15

DS did this with his fingers when he was first teething. He would suck a bit, stop to chew on his fingers, go back to nursing, repeat. It was kind of annoying but it didn't last very long.

Thanks everyone! I am happy she is not biting me but I was worried it was a sign of self weaning which I do not want to happen any time soon!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk