Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need advice on sling...

Default Need advice on sling...

I would like to purchase a sling tomorrow for my 3 week old. I have a 2-yr-old that is VERY active and I need to get rid of my huge travel system that I am carrying everywhere I go. I bought an ERGO carrier with infant insert but it is too much work for me and I am burning up after 5 minutes of using it. I would like a sling that is easy to nurse in public. Any ideas? Websites?

Default Re: Need advice on sling...

Check out Maria's site www.thegreensling.com or PM her on here (she is surfinrn&mom2mason). She can help & give you a lot of advice. I bought by ring sling from her. It is a Taylor Made & I love it! Very easy to get on & off. I also have a Moby but it is more time consuming to get on. HTH!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

I'd suggest you go to www.thebabywearer.com. TONS of info.

My personal preference for nursing is a mei tai. But, my "favorite" carrier is a Didymos wrap.

I have a Hotsling wich was really practical for my DD when she was a newborn. I like the fact that it's really small and I don't have to adjust it every time I put it on. I can also use it to nurse in public since it covers the baby really well.
    DD1 for 9mo and DD2 for almost 12mo
    (using a Hotsling, ringsling, and Chimparoo but my favourite one is a Mei Tai)

Thumbs up Re: Need advice on sling...

I purchased my sling from http://www.slinglings.com/ and love it! I love the fact that there aren't any rings to fuss with...there are no strings to adjust. The patterns are cute and the prices are reasonable.

I LOVE my slingling (slinglings.com)!!! It is awesome for my newborn and I can carry my 18 mo DD on my hip with it AND my 2 1/2 yo DS with it . . . all the same sized sling for all 3 of my kids. It's a wonderful sling and there are lots of cute patterns for a good price. I have the unpadded sling with a stretch sateen. Good luck!