Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchasing nursing bras during pregnancy?

Default Re: Purchasing nursing bras during pregnancy?

I am so glad I found this website!! I also found that I have LLL where I live so I am looking forward to meeting new mothers and hope to make some new friends after our son comes. It is so reassuring to know that there are other people out there that are having and have had the same issue, expecially with breastfeeding since it is something our society is till getting used to again!

Still no luck finding a bra in any store and I feel that since I Have not grown a ton during pregnancy I will get huge once my milk comes in! So I am going to go with the sleeping bra that I got and I also purchased a nursing cami, I plan to get few more of those until my size gets to where it will stay for a little while. However, I will keep the links and stores as a reference so I know where to go when I Am ready to get bras. I am glad there are some places that have return policies because some places do not take back bras. That is one thing I hated about motherhood they do not do refunds ever for anything only exchange.

Thank you all so much! I am looking forward to talking to all you again and am glad that I have somewhere to go in the privacy of my own home when I need advice and hope I can offer valuable advice myself.

Oh yeah another question: I know everyone's body is different, but does anyone know about how long it takes for your milk to regulate so to speak?

Just wanted to second (or third) what several of the PPs have said -- if you're wearing a larger bra size (around the band) now than you did before you were pregnant, you'll probably "shrink" once your ribs aren't moved out of the way for the baby!

I bought a couple of nursing bras in my last trimester (bigger, like everyone suggested) and they were hanging from my shoulders by about 8 weeks after my little one was born! The cup size was still fine, but the band was just dangling.

So, I had to buy a new bra. I only bought one though, since I LIVE in nursing tanks the rest of the time. Love those things!
    Katherine
    My boys (both hypnobirths!):
    N 12/24/05 - birth center baby; nursed until Dec. 2007
    G 3/21/08 - we had a wonderful homebirth!!! - still nursing

I am also large breasted and needed a 38DD. And my favorite nurisng bra ended up coming from Walmart of all places. When I was first nursing, they did not carry them where I live. And then, all of a sudden, they started carrying them so I thought "what the heck?" they are cheap enough.

I am not nursing anymore but I still wear the bra because it is the most comfortable one that I own. All of my old bras do not fit since nursing really put my breasts out of whack. My next stop will be to spend the extra money and have a bra made specifically for me.

Good luck!

Here is the link on their website. They have tanks and a sports bra too. I think they had a few more at more store and more colors available. It was actually the only place that I found a nude colored bar too.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catal...atNavId=133216