Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: his highness is upset!

Default his highness is upset!

So I don't know if I should be offended or worried, probably neither. But lately when my 22 month old son stops nursing on one side he'll pronounce it "yuck." I think it happens more often with my left side. It hasn't seemed to slow him down any on nursing although it does seem like he'll say it when he's ready to switch - he's developing a rather elaborate ritual for switching sides. At first I ignored it, then I argued the point with him telling him it was yummy, and of course in a lighheated vain I told him not to nurse if it's yucky it's not a big favor for mommy.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Default Re: his highness is upset!

All these kids have been doing funny things lately!

Maybe something you ate gives the milk a flavor he doesn't like?

Tee hee

My daughter starts spitting at me when she is done. For some reason she has decided that this will be her signal when she is done eating. She is doing it with solid foods too, LOADS of fun.
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

My guy now says "Side?" when he wants to switch sides or when he wants to nurse at all. Aren't they funny??

How rude!!
    My DD is choosy about which side she wants at any given time, but it's not always the same one.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

ML's gotten to the point where she makes a blegh/spitting sound sometimes for the right side. It almost always means she's done (to knock out any doubt, she'll tell me that she doesn't want anymore boobies ). Kids are so weird sometimes !
    Mommy to Mary Louise, born 6/28/05, Self weaned at 2 years and 2 months

Mommy to Craig Isaac, born February 16, 2008, Self weaned 3 years and 4 months
    parttime

Today DS sat up after nursing on my right side and tried pulling at my bra on the other side using a pincer grasp. I guess he knows the routine of when its time to switch sides is when i unlatch the other side of the nursing bra! It made me laugh however!!