Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Warming frozen breast milk

Question Warming frozen breast milk

I was wondering if you could use a bottle warmer to wamr frozen breast milk. I put the frozen bags inthe fridge to start to thaw and was wonderign if I could use a bottle warmer from there. I tried using a cup with warm water but ti takes so long and I have t okeep dumping out the water and replacing it with warm water since it becomes cool sooner than the milk becomes warm. I know we arent supposed to boil or microwave the milk. Thanks for the help.
    Laura

Default Re: Warming frozen breast milk

I used to do it before, and so far haven't read anything saying you can't do it. Something that work better for me was to hold the bag under running hot water and shaking it so it warm faster.

I do like the previous poster said - I hold the bag under warm running water and it usually thaws pretty quickly that way. Hope this helps!

Yes, I too am now wondering about the bottle warmer. The Avent bottle warmer I'm using seems to make the frozen milk really hot and we then have to cool it down quite a bit before feeding. I then read that one shouldn't bring the milk to a boil and am wondering whether the bottle warmer is actually heating the milk up too much.

tash