Is it possible that my repeat clogged ducts is caused by thrush? I've had a clogged duct every day now for over a week. I can't take this much longer and if it keeps up, I may have to stop pumping. And if I stop pumping, that means little one gets no milk and has to go to formula because we've not been successful at latching yet.
I have a doc appt tommorow and I need info. I keep getting told if I had thrush it'd make my whole breast red. Here's what I have:
1) Recurrent clogged ducts
2) Pink nipple and areola that gets pulled into the horns (somewhat shiny)
3) Sometimes itchy breast
4) Shooting pain when I start pumping
5) Occasional constant pain while pumping
6) Occasionally, I'll just get a pain in my breast, even when I'm not pumping
7) In the shower, if I gently rub my nipples I am constantly getting stuff to come off. Like how if you take a shower and rub some spots you get skin that sloughs off.
8) Cracked nipples, that sometimes bleed
9) On my nipples, I have lots of little round things that look like they're filled with clear fluid