Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: too sleepy?! any ideas?

Default too sleepy?! any ideas?

my lo will be 6wks on tues and today he is sleeping more then he used to is that normal, growth spurt maybe? he is eating and going fine he just seems more sleepy! and when he eats he stays on longer actively sucking with no fussiness! anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: too sleepy?! any ideas?

DD does this every once in a while. She'll just have a day when I can't keep her awake for anything. As long as he is eating well I would not worry. Enjoy it! Do you have any bon bons? Put your feet up and relax!

sounds like a growth spurt to me!

yeah that's what I was thinking but he is so big already! I also thought he only fed about 4 times today!!! granted the sessions lasted about 1hr each he normally only eats for 15 mins on each side! so he doubled the lengtths but cut back the number of feedings! is that normal? I am waiting to see how he does tomorrow but what happen today?

it is really hard to judge what might be happening on the events of one day alone. gather evidence from a couple or more days, and then see. If I were you I would just keep a journal of his eating/sleeping so you can see if there is a pattern. It really just does sound like a growth spurt

thanks that is good advice I will do that! hopefully tomorrow willl be normal