Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tired of comments....

Default Tired of comments....

on how 'small' my baby looks. Could you all tell me how big your LO was at 1 month? Everytime we go out, people say, "Oh, a brand new baby. She's soooo tiny.' I usually smile and say, "Yes, she's a month old." Inevitably, someone will ask if I BF or FF. As soon as I say BF, they say, "That's your problem. Feed her formula- that'll fatten her up.' (Or something along those lines).

Now, I don't think she's too tiny at all (Heck, I carry her chunky butt around all day, LOL.. she's heavy!). At her last appointment (at 1 month exactly) she was 8lbs 8 oz. At birth she was 7lbs 10 oz.

I have gotten to where I tell people that most people forget how little a newborn really is, yet some continue to argue with me. It's driving me BATTY!!! So, how big was your baby at 1 month and how big were they at birth?
    ~Steph~Mommy of Deuce(8), Dakota(5) and Abriella(June 6, 2007)
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sisterchicksteph

Default Re: Tired of comments....

MY DD WAS 7.6 AT BIRTH AND AT 1 MONTH SHE WAS 11LBS. BUT 8LBS IS NORMAL FOR A BABY AT THAT AGE. TRY OUT THIS WEBSITE IT MIGHT HELP A BIT!
    http://www.babycenter.com/growthchart/

ds was 7 lbs 12 oz at birth, 1 mo he was 8 lbs 3 oz. your lo sounds like she's doing fine
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

My LO was 7 lbs even at birth and 19 1/2 inches and in preemies till he was 3 mos old and very healthy...he is now almost 6 mos and still in newborn and 0-3 mos clothing and 14 pounds...I like that he is teeny...at 1 month he was 9lbs 6 ozs...Doc says he is just fine...I have seen pics and my husband was tiny and now 6 foot...
    Mommy to Chance Lane 1/18/07
    I love my miracle baby so much! Be the best that you can be to your angels no matter how selfless you have to be!

DS was 7 lb oz at birth and got down to 6 lb 10 oz shortly afterward. At 1 month he was 9 lb 6 oz...don't let the comments get you down. My MIL even went so far as to say "well I had a friend whose baby had failure to thrive on breastmilk" and she went out and bought preemie clothes for DS because he was "sooo tiny". Anyway he is a healthy 7-month-old chunker now - hang in there!

my little hol is only a month old and he is still small it could be various thing like one just a small baby 2 underweight my little hol just started gaining his weight back he was very small when he was born but hes nice and chunky now

and he was only 5 pnds when he was born hes about 6 pnds now

I have a friend who FF her son and he is much thinner than my son who is a few weeks older. I swear when you become a mom, strangers feel the need to tell you how to be a parent.

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

My DS was 7 lbs 4 oz at birth, 7-12 at two weeks, and 12-5 at 2 1/2 months. I don't know what he was at 1 month. It is generally considered good for babies to be back to their birth weight by two weeks of age. After that, average weight gain for a breastfed baby is about 6 oz per week for the first few months. So, it sounds like your baby is right on track!

Thomas was 7 lbs 15.75 oz at birth and 8 lbs 11 oz at his one- month visit. You are doing fine