Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malfunctioning BOOBS???

Default Re: Malfunctioning BOOBS???

kelly moms has a great article about getting off the supliments...
    it can be done with a baby that young. it just takes some time
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/decrease-formula.html

10 6 is a big baby sometimes it takes them longer to regain their birth weight then smaller babies.
    adding more feeds is going to help, a baby with weight gain problems should be put to the breast as much as he is willing to nurse, some days it will be 12 times in 24 hours.

I don't think most moms with babies that are 2 weeks old can pump that much milk! More like 1 oz. You doing a great job!

Hang in there. When I started I was only able to pump about 1-2 oz. As time progressed I'm now able to get about 6. It just takes some time, and if I recall correctly, it took me about a month before I started pumping 3oz, and then a couple weeks after that I went up to 4-5, and now, at 7 weeks, I'm getting 5-6.

But I also exclusively pump.

3kidsMommy is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

You seriously should try fenugreek!!! Ask babies dr about it but i know its worked great for me and my dr and babies dr said it was fine to try..you should check out the low supply forum theres a thread on there about it. Its worked for a bunch of people!!

Remember, too, that in most cases pumps are not nearly as efficient as babies at getting milk out. So nursing often and on demand will help build your supply AND your LO is probably getting more than you think. Also, some bf babies will not dirty a diaper every single day, so keeping an eye on the number of wets is a better indicator that he's getting enough. I second the suggestion to check out kellymom.com for lots of great info. You CAN do it!
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Smile Re: Malfunctioning BOOBS???

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    fenugreek is a drug that some moms take to help milksupply.
    it's actually an herb. you can make tea from it, take it as a pill or in a tincture. my husband makes me a combo fenugreek chamomile ginger iced tea that seems to be increasing my milk and helping with my son's intestinal discomfort.

If you are feeding formula in the evening, are you pumping as well? My LC encouraged pumping at night (at least every four hours), to help increase supply. It has really seemed to help. Good luck and keep up the good work! You should check out the supply forum.
    Melissa, mom to my very busy 4-year-old little man and super busy 2-year-old princess.