Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help - baby won't take bottle

Question Help - baby won't take bottle

Hello

I've just returned to work and my baby (5mo) has suddenly decided not to take the bottle of expressed milk, even though we practiced over the last few months and he took it from my partner very well. Is it because he can sense the change and for the first time I'm not around as much??

I come home at lunchtime everyday and give him a breastfeed, but for the morning and afternoon feeds he is not interested in a bottle. Can anyone share their tips? I really really want to keep him on breastmilk for the longest time possible but I fear this could spell the beginning of the end.

Thanks

Default Re: Help - baby won't take bottle

He's old enough to take a cup..try that

Nods! Try a sippy cup. Some mothers find the soft drinking spout sippies work great for younger babies.

Here's some more info:
    www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/bottle.html

If your baby refuses to feed while you're gone, it might mean that he is reverse cycling. This means that he will take in more breastmilk when you are available, and probably will eat less/sleep more while you're away.

And it's great to hear that you're able to go to him and feed during your work day. What a wonderful way to reconnect!

LLLJacqui is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Yep, my DD would never take a bottle... we had to go straight to sippy cup..

Jacqui

Welcome to my world! See my thread, "reverse cycling" towards the bottome of the page in this forum.

My baby was a bottle-refuser. I found he took the Playtex nurser with Naturallatch nipple after he refused all others and even refused cups. It helped that he was hungry that day, too. Dread to think what this kid's going to be like as a teenager though!