Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teeth?

Question Teeth?

DS just turned 8 months and still has not popped one single tooth through. He has been showing classic teething signs though since he was 4 months (which is when DD popped her first 2 through). What should I be looking for actually in his mouth?

Also, any suggestions on how to get the Hylands Teething tablets in? I have a bottle, and he has been really cranky so I want to see if they help (thinking it's teething pain) but he spits them out when I put them under his tongue.

If he is usually a good nurser, decent sleeper, and very cuddly baby it is logical to think that his recent behavior (waking every 2 hours, not wanting to nurse at times, pushing away) could be related to teething right?

Default Re: Teeth?

Mine is 11 months and nothing yet. Since he was like 2 months old people always says "he must be teething" and blame any drooling or crankiness to it. Although change in behavior are signs, teething is not necessarily always the reason. Enjoy those toothless days! Nothing to bite you with.

have u tried putting them in water or even a little bm? Just a funny aside- I worked at daycare for 3 1/2 yrs, and everything a baby does is blamed on teeth! he's crying, oh must be teeth, hes smiling, oh must be teeth, hes drooling, must be teeth, hes pooping, oh must be teeth I thought I wouldn't do this after seeing it so much but I can't help myself, everything ds does "it must be teeth!"

LoL! I don't know WHY I am so desperate for him to get them. Lord knows it will only mean sore nipples for me for a while! Thanks for the tip on the water or ebm. He is doing better. Still waking a lot, but I am wondering if it is just another growth spurt. Ah the joys of parenting

My DD hasn't gotten teeth yet at 6 months and my first didn't get hers until 10 months. Seriously, everyone's answer when you tell them the baby is cranky is teeth teeth teeth- it gets SO old. AND, let's not forget that the solution for everything is cereal cereal cereal! People can't believe I wait till 6 months to start my kids on cereal- too funny!