Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best bags for storing?

Default Re: Best bags for storing?

Loved the Lanisoh bags!!!! The gerber ones were ok, but Lansinoh were a better price and a better bag. I didn't really care for the Medela bags, got a pack of them with my pump and just used them in a pinch. I forgot my bottles a few times and was actually able to pump into the medela bags with the help of some rubber bands.

Now where does everyone find the best price on the Lansinoh bags? I bought some from Wal-Mart but am hoping to find somewhere that has them for less if possible!

You might want to check the websites for the best current prices...But I've seen them at Amazon (free shipping with any $25 order) and Babies R Us and Target.
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!

I've used the medela bags and I think they're great for storage, but that's about it (they are actually pretty heavy duty bags). When you attach them to breastshields for pumping you then can't put things down as easily as you can with bottles. Also, It's hard to get an accurate read to see how much you've pumped, whereas with bottles it's pretty straight forward. One other problem, pouring is messy because these bags don't have a spout.

I'm glad to hear such positive things about the Lansinoh bags because I'm thinking of trying them out myself!

Quote Originally Posted by HH13 View Post
    I've used the medela bags and I think they're great for storage, but that's about it (they are actually pretty heavy duty bags). When you attach them to breastshields for pumping you then can't put things down as easily as you can with bottles. Also, It's hard to get an accurate read to see how much you've pumped, whereas with bottles it's pretty straight forward. One other problem, pouring is messy because these bags don't have a spout.

I'm glad to hear such positive things about the Lansinoh bags because I'm thinking of trying them out myself!
    Pouring into AND from the Lansinoh bags is so easy... They make a nice little v-shape at the top.
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!

Personally, I like the Lansinoh bags, but I read a bunch of reviews that said it leaks... I've never experienced it though

I personally experienced the leaking problem with the Lansinoh bags. One day while I pumped directly into the bag, I noticed little amount of milk dripping from the edge of the bottem, where the seam of the bag was. I immediately opened a new bag and pour the milk into this second bag. However, milk leaked from the same place again. I dare not try anopther one afterwards, and I am very concerned about the safety of the 10 bags of milk that I have already stored with the Lansinoh bags. They may also have weak seams or even leaks without me noticing, in which case the milk has already been comprimised. Even if they have not leaked, they may leak when I thaw the milk. I am going to double-bag the one I aleady stored. But even if double-bagging works, the costs would be too high.

I like First Years. I'm a fan of their products, especially their BF bottle which has "taught" my little one to latch properly!