Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often to feed 4 month old?

Default Re: How often to feed 4 month old?

Also, he may just be snacking or doing some comfort nursing when he's eating under 3 hours. My LO never turns away from the boob, so if i offer it he would always take it, but I can tell when he's drinking b/c he's hungry.
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com

Default Re: How often to feed 4 month old?

Quote Originally Posted by nywifey View Post
    My LO never turns away from the boob, so if i offer it he would always take it, but I can tell when he's drinking b/c he's hungry.
    I've wondered this too. Haley is 11 weeks old, and if I offer the breast, she always opens wide. Doesn't matter how recently she ate the last time. And sometimes, after she latches on, she gets mad, like she wasn't really hungry and doesn't appreciate the milk spraying into her mouth. She'll also send what I think are hunger cues (opening her mouth, working her tongue, making little panting noises; this is what she USED to do to signal hunger), but then, again, she doesn't seem very happy about getting the boob when I offer it to her. I'm starting to wonder if I'm misreading her cues now that she's older and doesn't necessarily need to eat (for food or for comfort) quite as often. I'm guessing she just seems hungry (opening her mouth, latching on) out of reflex and not because she really is? Then I wonder how I'll really know if she needs to eat or if I'm just going to be annoying her. (Not intended to hijack. Sorry. Just having a similar question. )
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?