Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16 day old only sleeps when being held!!

Default Re: 16 day old only sleeps when being held!!

Dang my baby boy just started this today. I feel bad that he's not getting enough sleep, but I have to do basic things like shower and eat.

We just let DS sleep in his bouncy seat during the day until he was about 4 months. (You said he will sleep there, right?)

well all i can say is my little hol is almost 2 months in a few days and he still has to be held when he sleeps the key point is hes only still a baby and when u reach a point in time where your just fed up you need to remember he needs your every minute and he was born in the mommy's whomb thats where he feels most comfortable but when you star noticing he doesn't like to be wrapped up and wants to be free then you start making patterns like making him stay up during the with a nap in between then he or sahe will sleep all through the night.Hol is my first baby so im still working on him but i just started noticing that he sleeps long at night by himself in his cradle until morning so remember just be pacient and give it a little time and tell your man to help you out by being as pacient as possible. My hubby's in the airforce and is being deployed next month ( so i try to squeeze in as much time as i can but its very stressful sometimes..anyways congrats and goodluck!!

Quote Originally Posted by noodlenerd View Post
    (Some mamas around here have even been known to lay babies down on their tummies. ***shocking, I know*** But be aware that tummy sleeping increases SIDS occurances.)
    Guilty. You can see my reasons here.

During the day Haley is very rarely interested in sleeping in her crib. She has napped in her swing for the better part of the last two months. She is just now starting to occasionally sleep in my arms or in bed with me. Other mamas have told me that this is normal, that LOs so young may do this for a while but most usually get to a point where they'll sleep in their cribs. It just may take some time and patience until you get to that stage.
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Haley's Mama View Post
    Guilty. You can see my reasons here.
    Ah! Gretchen, I am not trying to chastise you for having a tummy sleeper. I just don't want to suggest it without mentioning that it is associated with risks. After all co-sleeping is also sometimes associated with SIDS and I don't care!

Quote Originally Posted by noodlenerd View Post
    Ah! Gretchen, I am not trying to chastise you for having a tummy sleeper. I just don't want to suggest it without mentioning that it is associated with risks. After all co-sleeping is also sometimes associated with SIDS and I don't care!
    I know. I ain't mad at ya!

I know you well enough to know what you meant, my friend, and I totally understand the need for a disclaimer. I use a disclaimer myself, any time I admit that Haley's a tummy sleeper. Just thought that the OP might want to know why some of us do the tummy-down deal. No worries!

My LC told me that she broke all the "rules": Her DS slept tummy down, while co-sleeping, in a water bed!
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Thanks so much to of all you for the advice! I have tried swaddling him, but so far, that has not helped. He will sleep in his bouncy seat for a max of one hour...this is not so great at night! Thank you to whoever gave me THE MIRACLE BLANKET website. I am going to try that! He seems to be a little gassey, and I think this wakes him up. Thanks again for your advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by betsyd8 View Post
    Thanks so much to of all you for the advice! I have tried swaddling him, but so far, that has not helped. He will sleep in his bouncy seat for a max of one hour...this is not so great at night! Thank you to whoever gave me THE MIRACLE BLANKET website. I am going to try that! He seems to be a little gassey, and I think this wakes him up. Thanks again for your advice!!
    That's what I used, the Miracle Blanket, and it made all the difference in the world! Good luck!!

My DS is 11 weeks old and during the day will RARELY sleep outside my arms. He is getting better tho! He used to NEVER sleep unless i was holding him - now he sleeps in his crib 5-7 hours at night. He even napped today for a whole 30 minutes without me today

believe me - i know how exhausting it is! Babywearing has saved much of my sanity.

Just remember - very few people ever say "I wish I would have held my baby less'