Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thrush & change in habits

Default Thrush & change in habits

This is my first post here, but I have been looking around reading other threads for a few days! Now hopefully I can get some help!
    My 4 week old and myself BOTH have thrush and are both being treated with Nystatin, hers is starting to clear up, Finally! My nipples are still bright red, and SO SORE all the time. I am rinsing with Vinegar and letting air dry before applying Nystatin. Now that my nipples are so sore my baby seems to want to suck more and more! The times at each breast have changed dramatically. She used to nurse for about 20m on each one then be content, now she wants one for about 5-10 minutes at a time, and after that she gets really figity, squirming around a whole lot, trying to pull off, but if I take her off and burp her she is freaking out sucking her hand because she wants the boob back! I do not know if maybe I am empty that is why she is mad or what. I have no idea!!! Any help would be great!
    (I'll add cute signature when I figure out how it all works!!!)

Default Re: Thrush & change in habits

My LO did that when we had thrush. When I asked the LC at our hospital (who was treating me for thrush), she said that a lot of the time, the yeast in the baby's belly can cause gas for them. Not to mention that they may have pain in their mouth from the thrush. HTH.

4 weeks is also a good time for a growth spurt. You can expect to see more nursing, like constant while they build up your milk supply. The more milk that is removed the more your breast makes. Makes sense right! It doesn't last for ever, continue to feed on demand like you are. Glad to hear that Thrush is losing the battle.

can anyone tell me what thrush is?? what does it mean?

Thrush is a yeast. MyLittleButtons, Go here and read about it!