Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Poor Little Guy...

Default Poor Little Guy...

So Ayden is 7 weeks now and I have had nothing but health problems with this poor kid. First he had a runny nose and a fever of 102 so I took him to the doc. That was a Friday, the ended up taking blood, urine and wanted to do a blood culture. Well that test wouldn't be back till Monday so I had to take him to the ER every 8 hours for a shot in case is was meningitis. That test came back fine so he had the shots for no reason... He has been spitting up really bad since birth. I mean bad! Every time he eats and most times in between. Not to mention no weight gain. I had bee just breast feeding so we have been on weekly weight checks. Then the poor boy didn't poop for almost 2 weeks. The doc said it was because I was breastfeeding, but at the point I had started supplementing... So needless to say there should have been poop. Finally we got orders to take him to Ketchikan for a check with a pediatrician... Turns out that he still hadn't gained anything and he isn't keeping it down because he had GERD. So we got meds for that and he seems to be doing better. He also has a sever case of thrush which the doc here said he didn't have. Well then I ended up spending 3 hours with a Lactation consultant to try to get him off the nipple shield. He hasn't been latching on to the shield right so I have to work on that before weaning him... Errrr. this poor baby...

Default Re: Poor Little Guy...

I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling, millers.

Are things improving any since getting help with the shield and medication for baby's GERD?

Hoping things look up for you SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by LLL_Jolie View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling, millers.

Are things improving any since getting help with the shield and medication for baby's GERD?

Hoping things look up for you SOON!
    The BF is still a rough go... I'm working on it though. He seems to be doing alot better already with the meds. He is spitting up WAY less. Thank god!

Its amazing what a difference the correct diagnosis can make.