Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Kefir versus Plain Yogurt with Acidopholis when having Thrush

Default Kefir versus Plain Yogurt with Acidopholis when having Thrush

Sorry for all the thrush questions - I'm desperate!

Would anybody suggest getting Kefir instead of yogurt with acidopholis? (I'm taking 20B a day)

It looks like even the plain Kefir contains milk and sugar and therefore I wonder if it's good for thrush.

Just looking for a change in my boring diet to clear the yeast!

Default Re: Kefir versus Plain Yogurt with Acidopholis when having Thrush

Thalia,

You really are trying everything. I feel like I'm not doing enough for mine. I'm on Diflucan for 13days and I wipe my whole breast and nipple with diluted white vinegar then apply lotrimin ointment. My baby was on Oral Nystatin for 14 days. She's finished with it and I hope it doesn't come back.

I'm going on week three of treatment for myself with the topicals.

What are your current symptoms?

The "Broken Glass" and "Pins and Needles" are minimized - from what I used to say felt like zillions of pieces to maybe hundreds...also, the stabbing pain is still there between feedings... so I know I've gotten rid of a lot of strains but there are a few buggers that are plain stubborn!

I'm on my second round of Diflucan... topical ointments like Lotriman didn't work AT ALL - mainly b/c my yeast are in my milk ducts! A lot harder to get rid of.

Have you tried Grapefruit Seed Extract ? That seemed to help quite a bit. I also just ordered P'Au D'Arco Tea from http://lactinv.com/tscreen.htm - the Lactation Consultant seems very knowledgeable.

Nystatin didn't work on my baby, but Diflucan did...problem was I still had it so I passed it back to him. He's all better now again, but I worry if I don't beat it, I'll just pass it right back again !

Hope you'll have an easier time getting rid of it than I do...

Now I'm wondering if my baby has it again. She has a little white on her tongue and I can't tell if it's the normal coating or not. I have not tried the Grape Seed. I don't have much pain in my breast at all, but I feel itchy sometimes. She also has a red bottom, so I've been doing the vinegar rinse on her and the lotrimin. Tell me about the diflucan she was on?

I feel like I can't eat anything! No Sugar, and she had green stools so I think she may have a dairy allergy, so I've cut out dairy now.

I forget how old your LO is? Sorry my typing is so messy, It's hard for me to get to the computer for any length of time.

My breasts were itchy too at times. Have you tried wiping her tongue to see if the white patch is still there? If it goes away then you know it's just milk.

I don't know if I would recommend Diflucan (it's fluconazole) and instead of going the medication route - maybe try Grapefruit Seed Extract on her diaper rash - it worked wonder on my son's diaper rash. (he's 4 months old).

I feel the same way you do about foods! My son has eczema and we have eliminated lots of allergans... and now no sugars whatsoever - it's tough! It's down to unmarinated meats and vegetables... I'm glad you don't feel that much pain in your breast...that's a good thing! I hope it stays that way!