Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My girl has begun CLW

Unhappy My girl has begun CLW

She's 14.5 months and is rapidly reducing the frequency and duration of her feeds. She will now go to bed and sleep through without feeding. She used to use feeding as a magic reset button when she got upset for what ever reason, now she refuses the breast and just wants a cuddle instead. So we're basically down to one morning feed a day now. I'm feeling a little sad that it's ending so soon .

Default Re: My girl has begun CLW

Hugs mama. My 14 month old just did the same thing. She only wants to snuggle and suck her thumb now and wants nothing to do with breastfeeding. It's hard to see her grow out of her baby phase, and it's hard because I have breastfed her every single day for over a year!!! Enjoy the next stage of her life.

It doesn't matter when it happens, it's tough to swallow. Emily will be 2 in September and has dropped to two maybe three sessions a day and it still stings when she refuses. Bittersweet....
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

She has unweaned herself. I changed childcarers and now she is eating sleeping and breastfeeding with a vengance that and we think she is getting ready for a growth spurt.