Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby has rash on face and body...Milk Allergy?

Question Baby has rash on face and body...Milk Allergy?

Hi again, it's me Reesa. My son is now 6 weeks old. We went for his check up yesterday and the doctor said he has a rash I can't remember the name but I think it was Atopic Dermatitis. Well he said it will usually clear up on its own. It's a red pimply rash on his neck, head, arm, etc. It seems to clear up in the morning and gets worse as the day goes on.

He has been a pretty fussy baby (not sleeping day or night) and I decided to cut out caffiene and chocolate which helped, he was very content for about a week. But then I substituted my chocolatey snacks with yogurt and I've been using milk in my decaf coffee, and he started getting fussing again. I also think that's about when the rash started. I usually stay away from dairy products because for some reason they make me very sleepy and grumpy.

He has two raised lymph nodes on the back of his head which the doctor also said was normal and probably in reaction to the rash. He's been having watery green to yellow poops (look green but when I wipe the wipe is yellow) on and off for about a week.

Does this sound like a milk allergy, has anyone else had a similiar situation? Thank you again! He gained 1 lb 6 oz in 4 weeks, he was 7/1 now he's 8/7.

Default Re: Baby has rash on face and body...Milk Allergy?

If it didn't occur to the dr that it was because of your milk it probably isn't. But you're doing good in keeping a close look in your child. Keep paying attention of what you eat, put on the baby or do. If possible write it down, and if the rash doesn't goes away or keep recurring bring your notes to the dr. I haven't had a situation like this, but I hope this help. Blessings to your baby!

Yes ds's rash was a def sign of is MA. But also right around 6 wks there is a hormone switch going on in little babies which usually results in some baby acne on their face and body. I would def watch it and if it does not get better then I would stop the dairy and check out the allergy forums. Blessings

I asked the doctor if it was baby acne and he said no. He showed me the baby acne that is on my son's face so I could see the difference. I feel kind of bad because I thought it was baby acne, my other son is 9yrs old so it's been a while.

http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBallergies.html

the last link is good! anyways it might take some time to figure out what is causeing the rash.
    If you normaly cann't have milk it might be milk but it could be lots of other things also.

http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns...nsitivity.html

Thanks for the links lots of great info! I'm going to read over them now!