Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: noises while nursing?

Default noises while nursing?

So yeah.. I know that this is my second thread today, but I am curious about this... For the past week or 2, Gabriel has started making all sorts of noises while eating. I mean, before, it wasn't uncommon for him to make a sort of yum yum sound when he first latched on, but now it is like full blows grunting and stuff. He still does the yum yum noise but the grunting gets a LOT of odd looks from people. I am not worried about him not getting enough milk since as of last week he is in the 75% for both length and weight but it is just making me wonder what is up.. Anyone else deal with grunting while nursing???

Default Re: noises while nursing?

Oh yeah. while nursing and sleeping. He still makes a lot of noise when he nurses but used to make this cute little squeeking noise while sleeping. Not a quiet baby in the least bit. We sit in the "crying room" at church simply because he is a noisy eater and sleeper. I wouldn't worry about it

My dd now 14 used to grown and grunt while nursing. It was a kinda extended yum yum yum sound. She was really into nursing LOL. It was halarious at the time and I like to tell her about it while her 2yr ols sister nurses. My two year old makes some noise, but it was nothing compared to her older sister LOL.

Hi,

My son has always made a growling sound like a baby lion cub when he is nursing. If he is nursing to sleep he'll start vocalizing kind of like a monkey. I love these baby animal noises!