Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 6 weeks and strange eating

Default 6 weeks and strange eating

ok so I know this is a growth spurt week (dd is 6 weeks and 3 days) but things are strange. Dd is sleeping more than eating and when she does eat it's not really with gusto. I remember the 3 week spurt was a feeding frenzy.

I'm getting tons of good diapers and a happy baby, but I have had to pump a lot bec. she's not really emptying me.

Could this be the way she has her growth spurt- with more sleeping than eating?

When do babies start to space out their eating more? I guess I mean going from 2 to 3 hours in between.

Thanks
    Lauren

Default Re: 6 weeks and strange eating

our 6 week growth spurt was exactly like that-
    my son was sleeping most of the day and I was worried too! But lots of people here have said that babies grow when they sleep. So enjoy it and take naps if you can during the day!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

DD slept through a growth spurt as well. I could barely keep her awake to eat. She fell asleep everywhere, which was really weird because at the time she normally woke up whenever she was not in motion. The next morning when I dressed her, half her onesies did not fit over her head and the other half were to short. I swear she grew at least an inch in 24 hours. That's hard work! I'd be tired too!

Thanks! I figured the sleeping had a lot to do with it!

Did your babies act really fussy when they did eat? My dd pulls and twists and gives some good screams!!

Eating is often a wrestling match with my DD. We have some 'issues' though. She can't tolerate dairy and I have an overactive let-down (OALD) which also can upset her stomach. There could be another reason for the fussy eating - but fussiness is often part of a growth spurt.