Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Needing Help Here

Unhappy Needing Help Here

Hello Everyone,

Well, I'm at my whits end here. My LO is 6 weeks old and I'm scheduled to go back to work in a week and a half. She seems to have her days and nights mixed up and I just don't know what to do to fix it. Last night she didn't seem to sleep more than 45 mins at a time and there is NO way I can go to work having been up all night. Not only that, she wants to nurse constantly. Could I be having milk supply issues and not satisfying her?? She's having more than 8 wet/dirty diapers a day, so I just don't know. I just can't survive on no sleep.

Default Re: Needing Help Here

I would say she's just in time for her 6 week growth spurt. It's not that you don't have enough milk, it's that she's signaling your body to make more because she's getting bigger and wants more.

If she's nursing constantly at night, have you considered co-sleeping? Sidelying nursing is a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by zoewmu View Post
    If she's nursing constantly at night, have you considered co-sleeping? Sidelying nursing is a blessing.
    I'm concerned about co-sleeping as both my husband and I are large people and she's all of 6lbs and we'd be sleeping in a full size bed. Also, my husband is a very heavy sleeper and I'm concerned that she wouldn't be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Izabella's Momma View Post
    I'm concerned about co-sleeping as both my husband and I are large people and she's all of 6lbs and we'd be sleeping in a full size bed. Also, my husband is a very heavy sleeper and I'm concerned that she wouldn't be safe.
    I've found that for my own comfort, I cosleep in a different room with the baby. I can definitely understand your concerns about cosleeping- my husband and I are larger and we just couldn't rest comfortably with both of us in bed with her.