Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Co-sleeping contributing to more frequent feeds? Snacking?

Default Co-sleeping contributing to more frequent feeds? Snacking?

I have been co-sleeping w/ my 11 week old while visiting my parents for the last 2 weeks. I am concerned that he is waking more now - about every 2 hours to eat. It seems that he wants to be nursing more frequently since it's more accessible when in bed. I can do a side-lying position with him and we both sleep great like this, but I also want him to be an efficient eater! I am going back to work in 3 weeks and want him to sleep longer. How do you co-sleepers out there keep baby from snacking all night?

Default Re: Co-sleeping contributing to more frequent feeds? Snacking?

11 weeks is a prime time for a growth spurt! where they just want to nurse all the time.
    what hours will you be working?

I was wondering about a possible growth spurt.....maybe that is the case. I guess I am just surprised that he is not sleeping more than 3 hours at a stretch still - even as we approach 12 weeks! I was hoping we would be inching closer to 4-5 hour stretches at this point. My nephew was sleeping thru the night at 10 weeks!

I am going to be working a standard day schedule 8-5 basically.

You might try putting a rolled up receiving blanket in between you and your baby when you co-sleep. Some babies are very sensitive to their mothers' movements, and a little padding in between baby and momma can serve as a barrier to nighttime jostling.

most babies don't sleep for longer streches untill they are much older.
    And with you going back to work baby might sleep longer for dcp and then want to nurse all night.
    Heres a link about that:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/reverse-cycling.html