Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Needy Baby Driving Me Crazy

Default Needy Baby Driving Me Crazy

Kayleigh is a very needy baby and grouchy a lot. She nurses to sleep at night, which I don't really mind. Here lately she will not get off the boob, if I take her off after she's fallen into a deep sleep she wakes up instantly and gets mad. So, I put her right back on so she won't awaken my other 2 kids. I end up nursing her back to sleep for 2 hours
    I don't mind her nursing to sleep but when she nurses forever and wakes up instantly it drives me nuts. Also, during the day when she nurses, she is wiggling around, yanking, pulling, kicking her legs, moving her arms, smacking me, tries rolling over, all this while she is sucking away, Ok now that dribes me crazy b/c it hurts and is annoying. I will usually end the nursing session when she starts that but still does it. What is her problem? I am going to need therepy before I wean her. Since she has been born there has been nothing but problems and issues. Gets better for maybe a few days and then something else pops up. I have a nursing bra and when I nurse she will wrap her little fingers around my bra, just to make sure I am not going anywhere. She is paranoid but she is so sweet and I love her to death. Ealier at nap time after she nursed for a while and wouldn't give it up I put her in her crib and she decides to roll over and got all mad cause she couldn't flip herself back over. She will do anything not to fall asleep.

TM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Needy Baby Driving Me Crazy

Right there with you. It hurts when they kick you. I started taking her off and putting her in her bed for aminute so she realizes. I don't like to say NO cause it really scares her. I just remove her and then she stops for the rest of the day. I'm totallt there with you

Sounds like you've hit the 6 mo. growth spurt. This won't last forever!

And I have so much to look forward to! I should be enjoying this while I can Iguess.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

babies...they really find a million ways on how to make us love them more unconditionally.

as they said, it will get better... that's my new motto nowadays.

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

When my LO starts flailing, I take one arm and put it under his bottom and the other I use to hold his hand (while I am nursing laying down - our preferred position day OR night). He tends to calm down when I do that - I think he just wants to feel snuggled.
    Dana
    Wife to Jonathan Edward, 3/29/2002
    Mother of Alexander "Lex" Edward, 3/4/2007
    Attachment Parenting - it's not what you do, it's why you do it.
    Breastfeeding
    Co-Sleeping
    Wearing Lex as often as possible
    Daytime cloth diaperer, nighttime sposie user