Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eye contact w/ newborn while bf'ing

Default Re: Eye contact w/ newborn while bf'ing

It happened once in while before month 5, but now lo makes a connection. He'll look at me and smile
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com

My LO is six months old in two days, and he doesn't look at me much either. He's a vicious little piglet, though, and I think he's afraid that if he doesn't concentrate, his food supply will be taken away. I just take advantage of the times he's not nursing and in a good mood to stare him in the eyes. First thing in the morning after he's nursed all night seems to be the best time for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Haley's Mama View Post
    BUT. She does make eye contact in one particular situation. She will stop nursing, although she stays latched on, roll her eyes up to look me directly in the eye, and then ... she poops. She just lets it rip, loudly! When she's finished, she continues to look me right in the eye but resumes the nursing. I feel like she's watching to see if I'm impressed with her mad diaper skillz.
    ROFL!! That is too funny!

I'm glad to hear that mine isn't the only one that acts like the boob is going to disappear if she looks away!

Thanks to all of you for your experiences, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one and not the only one who is a little concerned or bothered by it. :-)

You guys are great!!

Jessica

I forgot to put in my last post that most of the time when my little girl does make eye contact its pretty much after she's already had her fill, and is just comfort sucking. It cracks me up because when she makes eye contact she'll start sucking vigorously, and she does the same when her dad comes close by...its almost as if shes afraid I am going to take it away and shes sucking to say "It's mine! Back off!"

kind of like how a dog growls at you when you go near its food bowl

(that seems like a weird comparison I know )

anyway...just wanted to share that...its too cute

Quote Originally Posted by walimaki View Post
    I forgot to put in my last post that most of the time when my little girl does make eye contact its pretty much after she's already had her fill, and is just comfort sucking. It cracks me up because when she makes eye contact she'll start sucking vigorously, and she does the same when her dad comes close by...its almost as if shes afraid I am going to take it away and shes sucking to say "It's mine! Back off!"

kind of like how a dog growls at you when you go near its food bowl
    That is cute. Thalea does that after she's fallen asleep and is comfort nursing when I try to take her off - she starts sucking vigorously, as if to say, "I'm not done yet mom!" LOL

Jessica