Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended Breastfeeding Question - please help

Default Re: Extended Breastfeeding Question - please help

Sounds like a great relationship, one I hope to have. Do what feels right for the both of you and try not to worry too much about the mother in law and others, you know whats best for your baby, and congratulations on a healthy 11 month nursing relatioship

Congratulations, You are, without a doubt, definately meeting your infant and toddler's needs. You know you child better than anyone (even MIL) and it is obvious to you that you are providing him with what he needs! Yes, breastfeeding is an easy way to comfort your little one's needs BECAUSE IT WORKS! (I often wonder how bottle feeding mother's comfort their children, because nothing is more comforting to a child than breastfeeding). It can be difficult to continue to breastfeed when we are surrounded by others who are not very well informed and who are not supportive. You have really managed to do the best for your child against all odds! Keep it up! I hope you feel a lot of pride in doing that which is difficult because it is best for your baby (regardless of his age!)

Keep up the good work! I hope you can find a LLL group of like minded mothers and Leaders who can help you find the information and answers you need.

If cutting back on bfing right now is distressing or doesn't feel right, it probably isn't! You are absolutely doing what is best for your LO. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Keep it up! You're doing great!
    Bee- proud mama to Maggie, 6/12/06 and Maya, 10/15/08

Hi
    I am new to the forum so a bit unsure to what i am doing like most things in life. I to have a lo coming up to 11 months who i still feed with the same frequancy as yourself. He doesnt have set meals throughout the day he a bit of a grazer and i also nurse him to sleep. I am becoming aware of critism from family and well meaning friends who have never bf let alone ebf. Such as when am i going to stop nursing and give him "proper" meal times. I generally try to re-educate them but am finding this draining as it falling on deaf ears. I also tried not to nurse him to sleep and introducing a soother only for my lo to look at me with horror and proceed to throw the man made thing to the floor. After a few minutes of upset we took to nursing again and that look of comfort and pleasure in my lo eyes as he happly suckled himself to sleep said it all. Therefore i have decide taht i shall be the one with deaf ears and try my best to ignore any unsupportive or negative comments and do what i feel is best for my lo and myself with the help of these forums.